You must have felt so damn good
to feed your ego as a man.
Little did you know
that I have your dignity crushed in my hands.
Write ten original thoughts that will be stuffed inside fortune cookies for perfect strangers to read.
- Don’t cater the vultures that feed on your failures.
- Having dreams for somebody is insufficient. Believe. Support. Because what matters most is what you do, not what you think.
- You don’t find your soulmate, you make someone your soulmate.
- Trust is to be gained and given; it cannot exist and be attained without the other.
- No amount of assurance can pacify an insecure man.
- Be conveniently a part of the lives of the people you love instead of competing with the others who have long been in them.
- Refrain from comparing one person to another. Not everyone who walks this earth has the gall to take comparison as a challenge. It can either cause destruction or tension. Comparison brings neither right nor good.
- Just imagine how more destroyed our world would have been if we were closer to the sun. So you see, there are instances in life that distance can resolve.
- It doesn’t take strength to forgive: it only takes pure forgiveness, that’s all.
- Yes, that’s life. No real comfort zones; only zones with less struggle.
Name one thing you wish your cell phone did for you that it currently does not.
I wish it didn’t run out of battery quickly than it usually does.
If you wrote a song about your love life, what would the title be? Write the first verse.
Neither once nor twice but a couple of times,
I’ve used love as an alibi
It was a grand manner of style
In the course of my redundant demise
Into ashes I have fallen and risen,
Again and again
While at the beach you decide to write a message in a bottle. What would it say? Who would you like to find it?
Here’s to the girl whom I have a love-hate relationship with:
It’s been years since I had a glimpse of your face; typical-colored of someone from the tropics and of someone who never feared the sun, unmodified brows paired with the eyes of a naíve and a smile that shone as bright as day. I know we had a couple of fights that led you to mar your life, some of it scarred and probably left you terrified up to this day. And some, caused consequences that are now your daily struggles. I apologize. We were both young back then and I was too immature to think that I was even mature enough to carry you on, when in fact we were of the same age. The day came you turned your back on me, leaving me cold, tainting me with your follies and sinister plots along with your head. You said I was always wrong.
Now you’ve grown into a fine person with prim clothes and hair. The bags under your eyes are much darker as well as those lips! You think too much and are too hard on yourself. Loosen up. Although now it’s only seldom that you remember me, be aware of the unchanging fact that I will always be here between the ground you lie your troubles onto and the skies that ease you. If your mind is too much of a mess and every little piece is perplexing, fall silent like the starry night…and hear me out.
The feeling of losing my friends is driving me crazy. They were bright-colored petals, slowly and surely, they wilt and fall off from the flower that I never picked up no matter how pretty it was. Maybe I got too busy about something else, not noticing the life seeping out of their pores everyday, or maybe I idled for too long. Or maybe I waited too long, knowing so little about the fact that sometimes too much time between two things could result to distance and being drifted away. Not realizing that everything else in this world is unlike the sea and the shore, never apart and never will be.